It’s that time of year again when we are feeling refreshed and postivley looking at our futures with wide-eyes, hoping for the best. It’s within reach more than at other times of the year when we feel beat down. We are optimistic. I want you to continue that feeling, so here’s a list of 5 steps to keep your resolutions this year.
- Write it down. There’s power in putting pen to paper. Get it out of your head and on paper. Make it a reality. Set your intention.
- Share with your friends and family. This provides accountability. Ask them to check in with you on your progress. Be prepared to answer them. Dont’ get upset if they do bring it up. You asked them to!
- Reverse engineer your goal. Back the truck up. Beep beep beep beep beep. Ask yourself HOW do I get there? What is it going to take to get there? Find your number and divide it down into increments by months, weeks, and even days! Figure out your exact plan. Break it down. (bowow bow bow bowow)
- Make daily decisions. This has to be a lifestyle change. Make it your new way of living. Dont think of it as a chore but instead visualize how you will feel when you get there. It will be hard at first, but I promise it will seem like second nature eventually.
- Celebrate you wins along the way. Relish in those small victories. Enjoy them. You earned it!
Most of all, take action…now. Don’t wait until tomorrow, next week, in the spring to start. Start now and you are one step closer to living your dream life.