My 3 year anniversary of blogging my running adventures, and eventually life adventures, is coming up on January 16th. It seems crazy to me all that has happened in that time and how I have changed.
I had just started training for my 2nd half marathon. It was a daunting task for me considering I had only given myself 6 weeks to train and it seemed so long ago that I had trained for my first one the previous year
for 4 months. I felt inspired on that first long run to document my run and share it with others…if they cared to read it.
That inspiration, though it has waned, at times, is burning brightly. I love to encourage others to experience the freedom and just boost of life that exercise gives me.
Running is not for everyone and that’s ok. (If you are looking for something else to feel great, I have other challenge groups as well, that don’t include running. Contact Me to get on board!)
However, if you do want to start running but don’t know where or how, or maybe you just need some extra motivation from a support group, I got you. I want to help you. We will start with a 5k 🙂
Here’s how I see the group going. YOU will be my launch group so we may have to make some adjustments along the way but you can get the gist of it.
- We will start training at the end of January/first of February (5-6 weeks of training)
- We will meet each Saturday or Sunday for a group workout/run/stretching
- You will run 2-3 more times during the week on your own (or with run buds!)
- Private Facebook group to share and motivate one another (& meet new people!)
- Run “Joggin for the Noggin” on March 8th to benefit The Crumley House (Click here to learn more.)
- Free of cost, except for your registration to the race.
Disclaimer: I am not a running coach or a personal trainer. I am just a person who wants to help you live your best life. Please do not take my advice as you would a professional’s. I started on my own without any professionals and I made it through a few races. 😉
I look forward to starting this adventure with you!! If you’re ready to sign up, go to Contact Me and enter your info.
Have you ever organized a run group on your own?
What were your biggest challenges?
Why do you want to run a 5k?