The Liebster Award is an online award by bloggers for bloggers to help bring attention to new and upcoming bloggers, typically those with 200 followers or less.
Here’s how it works:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.
It is such an honor to be nominated but with the school year coming to an end, I haven’t had time to even acknowledge or start writing this. Ahhh! BUT, now that we are down to only 1.5 days, I feel my mind freeing up and the words are coming. So here we go:
1. What is your favorite distance to run?
I would have to say 5 miles. It’s just enough to get to that runners’ high relaxation but not so much that I’m spent for the rest of the day.
2. What is your absolute favorite running song right now? Well, since I haven’t been running too much (due to this darn hamstring), I wouldn’t say I’ve been running to too many songs but I do really enjoy anything by Iggy right now. “I’m so fancyyyy”. It just gets me moving.
3. Besides running, what’s your favorite sport/fitness activity?
I’m going to go with PiYo, since I was just certified to start teaching the class. I am obsessed with the flexibility and balance training it provides to complement so many sports. I also enjoy Crossfit, every now and then too. The community of the gym is like no other. This is also where I feel strong!
4. What is your favorite piece of clothing (running)?
I love my lululemon running tights! I know there has been controversy with the company but I love those tights.
5. What kind of shoes do you race in?
I love short training runs or races in my Newton’s. I now wear the Distance U but started out in a Gravity. These shoes really retrained by legs for a more efficient running stride. For longer distances, I am searching right now. I had always worn Brooks Ravenna but the newer editions are being as kind to my feet as they were in the past. Any suggestions?
6. What is your favorite race to date?
Hands down, Big Sur International Marathon. If you are a current reader, you have read my recap of that. If not, I have linked it.
7. What is your dream race?
Before, I would have told you Big Sur, but I ran that last year. Now, I am just spending my time healing and not too intent on running any certain race. Of course, I would love to run Boston, but with my times, I’m not sure that will ever happen…legitimately. Ooo but, The Disney Tower of Tower 10 miler would be fun!
8. Who is your fitness inspiration?
Kara Goucher. She is one classy lady and a fierce competitor.
9. Do you run solo or with BRFs?
Solo. My BRFs run much faster than me…so we travel to races together but hardly ever run together. I like to run alone, though. It allows me to listen to my body and run the pace I am feeling for the day.
10. Why did you start a blog?
That answer lies here. 🙂
Now for Kristen’s questions:
1. What is your favorite type of workout?
Well, honestly, it depends on what day it is. I love running, working out at home with DVDs (T25, P90X3, 21 Day Fix), and CrossFit. I also just started teaching PiYo which is a great complement to all of these workouts because it focuses on strength, flexibility, and balance.
2. What is your current favorite “guilty pleasure” song?
I always have a “guilty pleasure” song – I’m that girl. As of right now, I love “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea.
3. How do you find/make time to work out?
I make working out a priority. I have some flexibility with my schedule, but usually it falls after work. That way I can sweat out all of my frustrations of the day.
4. What is your favorite post that you’ve written?
what am i running from? was really an eye-opener for me. I feel like the gates just opened and I could see where and why I have struggled my whole life.
5. When do you usually write your posts?
I used to write them after long runs…or just runs in general. Lately, I haven’t been able to run so much. I don’t have a writing schedule. I write when I’m inspired. I would say when I have time but even if I don’t have time, I will write if I have something to say.
6. What is one fitness related purchase/expense you’ve made that was totally worth it?
My workout DVDs. There were days this winter when I could not get out of the house because of the snow, but I could still workout because I had those. I’m sure there will also be times this summer that I don’t want to be outside running. They will come in handy then too!
7. What is one fitness related purchase/expense you’ve made that totally wasn’t worth it?
Two summers ago, I thought I was going to be a triathlete. I bought a road bike. I did one triathlon…now I can’t sell that bike.
8. Favorite clean eats?
I love any kind of fruit!! Vegetables are still growing on me, since I have begun this healthy eating lifestyle, but I will eat blackberries any day!
9. Favorite food treats?
My favorite “cheat” would have to be cheesecake. I LOVE cheesecake.
10. I don’t know… One random fact about yourself!
I’m only 5 feet tall!
Now, I will nominate these ladies!
Joy from The Well-Watered Garden
Beth from Running in the Word
Sara from Sara’s Running
Montana at Pretty Lil’ Mudder
Alicia at Fitness by Alicia
Rachel at Running on Happy
Nikki at Empress Niwi
Casey at CSW Fitness
Farrah at Fairy Burger
Ladies, here are my questions for you:
1. What is your favorite way to sweat?
2. What song always gets you going?
3. How do you make it work?
4. What is your mission in writing a blog?
5. Does your faith play a part in any of your fitness/health journey?
6. Morning person or night owl?
7. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
8. How did you get started on your fitness journey?
9. If you could buy one thing (fitness-related) and money was no object, what would it be?
10. What do you wish you could un-buy?
I’m so excited to see what your answers will be and so glad that I can share the award with you!